What is Gabapin 100 mg?
Gabapin 100mg is an anticonvulsant. It is used to cure partial epileptic seizures and generalized tonic-clonic seizures. Chronic neuropathic pain, also known as progressive nerve disease, is a condition that causes persistent nerve pain. On the other hand, epilepsy is a nervous system disorder that occurs due to the brain’s impaired activity of nerve cells.
It is a medicine containing gabapentin as an ingredient.
It may also cause weight gain, dry mouth, and constipation.
Gabapin 100 should be used cautiously in patients with renal impairment, as the kidney eliminates it.
If you are considering taking gabapentin for seizures, talk to your doctor about the risks and benefits. It is a safe and effective anticonvulsant drug that can help control seizures.
This tablet is an inexpensive drug to control partial seizures in adults with epilepsy.
- Treatment of Neuropathic pain
- Treatment of Epilepsy/Seizures
Working of Gabapin 100mg
Gabapin 100mg is an effective anticonvulsant drug to treat partial epileptic seizures and generalized tonic-clonic seizures. The exact mechanism of action of Gabapentin is unknown, but it is thought to work by inhibiting excitatory neurotransmission. It is available as an oral capsule and an oral solution.
How should you take Gabapin 100 Mg?
Gabapin 100 mg should be taken with food. The capsules can be taken with or without food.
Take the oral solution with a meal.
If you are taking Gabapentin for seizures, your doctor will start you on a low dose and slowly increase your dose as needed to control your seizures.
The recommended starting dose of Gabapin is 300 mg three times a day to treat postherpetic neuralgia.
It should be taken at evenly spaced intervals.
Do not suddenly stop taking this tablet, as this may cause seizures. Your doctor will gradually reduce your dose to avoid side effects.
Gabapin strength will vary from person to person.
Follow your doctor’s instructions or the directions on the label carefully. The following information contains only the typical dosages for this medication. If you take a different dose, don’t change it unless your doctor approves.
The quantity of medicine you take varies depending on the medicine’s strength. Additionally, the number of doses you take each day, the time allowed between doses, and the duration of time you take the drug all vary based on your medical condition.
- For oral dosage forms (capsules, liquid, and tablets).
- For epilepsy:
- Adults and children 12 years of age and older—Initially, 300 milligrams three times a day. Your doctor may adjust the amount you take on a daily, weekly, or monthly basis as needed and tolerated. The usual daily dose is no more than 1800 mg (600 mg three times daily).
- Children 3–11 years of age—the dose is determined by your doctor based on the child’s weight. The beginning dosage is 10 to 15 mg/kg of body weight per day, divided into three doses. Your doctor may increase or decrease your dosage as needed and tolerated.
- The standard method of administering methergine to children under three years is through intramuscular injections. Your doctor must determine the doses and usage.
- For postherpetic neuralgia:
- Adults— The initial dose is 300 milligrams (mg) as a single dose in the evening. Your doctor may alter your dosage as needed and tolerate it, although the daily recommended limit is usually not greater than 1800 mg.
- Your doctor for children must determine use and dose.
It is essential to take Gabapin 100 precisely as prescribed by your doctor. If you miss a dose, take it as soon as possible and continue with your regular schedule. If you are close to your next dose, skip the missed one and go back to your normal dosage schedule. To make up for a missed dose, do not take a double dose. Contact your doctor or pharmacist for advice if you are unsure what to do after missing a dose.
Call your local poison control center or consult your doctor immediately if someone has overdosed on this medicine. If the person is not breathing or unresponsive, call emergency services at 911.
Symptoms of an overdose may include:
- Uncontrolled eye movements
Side effects of Gabapin 100 Mg
The most common side effects of Gabapin 100 include dizziness, drowsiness, sleepiness, headache, nausea, and vomiting. These side effects are usually mild to moderate and go away over time.
Serious side effects have also been reported with Gabapentin. These include but are not limited to:
- Facial edema
- Memory impairment
- Peripheral edema
- Slurred speech
- Stevens-Johnson syndrome
- Toxic epidermal necrolysis
If you experience severe side effects, you should contact your doctor immediately.
Gabapin 100 may also cause less serious side effects. These include but are not limited to:
- Abdominal pain
- Back pain
- Blurred vision
- Dry mouth
- Increased appetite or weight gain
- Joint pain
- Muscle pain
- Runny nose
- Sexual dysfunction
- Skin rash
- Stomach upset or discomfort
- Urinary problems
You should contact your doctor if you experience any of these side effects. You may need to seek medical attention if they are severe or bothersome. These side effects are usually not serious and go away over time.
Gabapin 100 Mg is available as a generic drug. Generic drugs are typically less expensive than brand-name drugs. However, this medicine is not available in all pharmacies. You may need to shop around for the best price.
Store at controlled room temperature (59° to 86°F) in a light-resistant container. Protect from freezing. Keep out of the reach of children.
What should I avoid while taking Gabapin 100 mg?
- Avoid drinking alcohol. It may increase drowsiness and dizziness caused by Gabapin 100.
- Avoid becoming overheated or dehydrated during exercise, in hot weather, or by not drinking enough fluids. It can decrease sweating, and you may be more prone to heat stroke.
- Do not take Gabapentin simultaneously as antacids such as Maalox or Gaviscon. These products can make it harder for your body to absorb Gabapin.
- Wear light clothing in hot weather and drink plenty of fluids to prevent dehydration.
- This tablet may impair your thinking or reactions. Be careful if you drive or do anything that requires you to be alert.
- Don’t take an antacid within 2 hours before or after you take Gabapin 100mg. Some people have suicidal ideations while taking this medication. Your doctor should check on you frequently. Changes in your happiness or signs and symptoms should be noticed by your family or other caregivers.
Buy Gabapin 100 Online
You can Buy Gabapin 100 Mg Online from various websites. However, you must make sure you buy from a reputable source. You should also make sure that the website offers a money-back guarantee. This will protect you in case the medicine is not practical for you. Prime Finil is a reputable online pharmacy that offers all the intelligent drug products with a 20% discount on your purchase. You can easily buy Gabapentin 100 Mg Online In the USA from PrimeFinil.